Sometimes You have to leave your system for a while say 5-10 minutes and you don’t want to shut it down and you also don’t want that somebody at your back use your system.The best thing to do at this point of time is to lock your Computer System Screen.While tutorial for locking the system will also work with Microsoft windows 7,vista and windows xp but the screen shots used in this tutorial is of windows 7.So your graphical interface may vary but the steps will remain same for locking the computer system in all the above mentioned systems.
There Are Two Methods To Lock Your Computer Screen
Using the Keyboard Shortcut
Using the shortcut Icon
First We will see how to create a desktop shortcut to lock the computer screen.Now here is the step by step tutorial with screen shots.
1. Right click on your computer screen and click on “New” and then on shortcuts.
2. After clicking on shortcuts and then copy and paste the following code in the text box “rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation “ (without quotes)
3. Now click on the Next and it will ask you to name your shortcut.
4. Put in your desired shortcut name.
5. Now Click on the finish button
6. And that it.Your Shortcut button to lock your computer screen is ready
The Second Method to lock your computer screen is by using keyboard shortcut.The keyboard shortcut is “Window key+L “ and that’s it.